Monday, September 11, 2006

Confession

I have recently become aware of my own shortcomings and want to set it straight.

From time to time I find something that dose not fit into my box for what right practice is.
Then I read from the Shobogenzo "Remember, the true real function is beyond the momentary manifestation of sounds and sights, and the real preaching of the Dharma has no set form...If you want to realize the Buddha-nature, you must first get rid of selfish pride” I have indeed been full of selfish pride and resolve to be more open in the future.

While I may not agree with playing organs or charging membership dues, the preaching of the Dharma is what is important. If playing organs, or charging membership dues gets the Dharma out there than go for it. I still think that singing to organ music is not for me and I wont pay to be a part of a Sangha except what I give in dana, but hey that is what I do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

The Dharma is free. Maintaining the building isn't. ;-)

Sunday, 01 October, 2006  
Blogger SlowZen said...

Principals are more valuable than shingles.

The funny thing about this is that the Priory I go to now doesn’t ask for a monthly fee they simply ask that you give what you can spare for dana. I end up giving more than either of the other “Zendos” I was speaking of asks for in membership.

Monday, 02 October, 2006  

<< Home