Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Quarterly (sort of) Review.

Like with practice I do not want to judge things on a good or bad level but just look back at what I have learned for myself since I have started this “blog Experience”

1. How you feel pain is relative to how you feel about pain.

2. Warming up before practice makes the practice a bit more bearable.

3. Find a good Councilor. Not easy but well worth it.

4. First impressions are not always correct. Try not to judge.

5. I really need to find a good teacher for the Shakuhachi.

6. It is all about you!

7. Every thing is impermanent. Even mountains and rivers.

8. The mirror principle

9. Being compassionate is part of the practice. It can take time.

10. An Elephant will Squash a Tiger to protect its herd.

11. There are some amazingly good people out there.

12. I really need to find a good Shakuhachi Teacher.

13. Some people like to jump in front of rifles.

14. having fun has consequences.

This journey has been a learning experience for me. Thank all of you for your comments and support. May you be well and happy!

Gassho
Jordan

7 Comments:

Blogger Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

Who likes to jump in front of rifles?

I like your coordinating outfits, by the way.

Thursday, 07 December, 2006  
Blogger SlowZen said...

Elizabeth,
Someone who thought a post was to be aimed at them. Happily I think some benefit will come of it. We'll see.

Thanks!

Be well and happy
Jordan

Thursday, 07 December, 2006  
Blogger SlowZen said...

Mikedoe,

That was my assumption, and in this cace not entirely correct. I think you have it backwards too. It was not the elephant that squashed the tiger but the elepants minion.

The intention and effect were the same, the removal of the tiger to prevent it from disrupting the herd.

Gassho
Jordan

Friday, 08 December, 2006  
Blogger SlowZen said...

Mikedoe,

Another look.

Maby this was the herd trying to protect the elephant?

Gassho
Jordan

Friday, 08 December, 2006  
Blogger gniz said...

Jordan,

I think you give "the elephant" in this situation far too much credit.

If you read some of the communications between the "elephant" and other members of his herd (who we havent made animal names for yet), there is an underlying tension in their comments to one another.

See the most recent post and comments in regards to speaking during zen.

This isnt just about 1 crazy tiger--its about a pattern of mistrust, greed, vanity and the sham of authoritarian religion.

Friday, 08 December, 2006  
Blogger SlowZen said...

Mike,

I am at the point where, while sad, I think I am done dwelling on it.
Time to move on.

Gniz,
You are way to smart to make a blanket statement like that.


Be well
Jordan

Friday, 08 December, 2006  
Blogger oxeye said...

The elephant is getting up there in age. I think it is natural for people to want to help him now. some of his students made some suggestions and took the actions that uncomplicated his life. How that happened is private, but I would say it was a good thing..

Friday, 08 December, 2006  

<< Home